Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ring in the new year

Well I tried to blog whilst in Wisconsin, but my iPhone software was acting a bit buggy, so I couldn't until now.

Kim and I arrived back safely to Elizabeth Lake, last night, warn out and promptly went to bed at 10:00PM. Happy New Year, well we were still on Wisconsin time. And I have to say I'm sure that wasn't the most celebratory way to bring in the new year, but we're glad 2008 is all over.

I think it is appropriate to say good bye to 2008 as you would getting knocked out...get back up, dust the dirt off your shoulders and try again. These past 8 years have become progressively worse all around. The economy is in the toilet, we had have family health scares and we have a new puppy. That last one is really a good thing...I keep reminding myself. But on a positive note: We still have our health, we both still have a jobs that are still high in demand and Obama will soon be in office. It's time to celebrate and embrace the new. Love to all of my friends and family, here in California and a little further away in Wisconsin.

May this new year reflect hope for the future.