Saturday, January 31, 2009

Support the Gap & other commitments

I haven't been able to blog recently because I've been bogged down with commitments. I will be presenting a workshop next week called "Working Professionally in the Freelance Field." Hopefully I'll be imparting wisdom, that I learned through the school of hard-knocks, to budding interpreters of the near future. If they can take a few bits from my workshop and put them to good use, then I'll be satisfied.

I'm also putting together an interpreting event at the end of the month called, "Support the Gap." At this event I hope to bring together recent graduates from Interpreter Training Programs, future employers and experienced professionals. This has been no easy task. And at this point I'm rubbing a virtual rabbits foot and trying think positively that the event will go off with out a hitch.

Wish me luck and I should resurface sometime in March!

1 comment:

Eileen O'Shea said...

Thinking positive! I know how hard it is to organize events - I've done a few, and it's exhausting. You'll do great!

XO,
Eileen