Saturday, August 30, 2008

The formidable garden...

After Rowdy moved into his own abode, I was given the formidable task of tending the garden. Eek! This was a huge responsibility quite frankly especially since I tend to kill plants slowly. But week by week I'm starting to get the hang of it. I am helped by my father and an occasional phone call to Rowdy...uh what is that yellow flowering thingy?

I just purchased a dehydrator to dry some of our herbs: sage, thyme and basil to name a few. However, because of Rowdy's industrial strength green thumb we won't possibly be able to eat it all. I thought maybe I could make home made gifts with whatever we don't use, possibly infused oils or vinegars.

Here are some pictures I took from our garden.



Thanks Rowdy for all of your hard work and I will do my best to fill your shoes....impossible!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

What a beautiful garden, M.! Ah, it reminds me of happy days last February when we escaped Winter and thawed out for a few days in your lovely back yard. Thanks for posting the photos. Hugs to your sweetie!