Friday, March 6, 2009

Grassroots Information

I have become a huge fan of grassroots information from various new media and other non-mainstream sources: Internet, non-network TV and radio.

I Twitter and have started following LGBT Tweets, which is following the California Supreme Court's oral arguments on Prop 8. I have been able to follow various blogs, newspaper reports and the like....riveting. I've become quite the Twitterbug and love the iPhone version, Tweetie.

Kim and I have also become fond of the Rachel Maddow Show. I listen to her via Sirius XM satellite radio and then we TiVo her MSNBC program. I find her humorous slant and articulate, well researched views on current politics an easier pill to swallow. Then there are the staples, BBC news and Pubic Television that have been a part of my life since childhood. Many thanks to my aunt Eileen for that influence.

And of course there's my obsession with National Public Radio: Left, Right and Center, All Things Considered, Marketplace...Need I say more?

No comments: