Monday, March 30, 2009

Ahh springtime

Spring is officially here! And it's beautiful.









You can't really tell from this iPhone photo that the hills are blooming in yellow, orange and purple. It is quite spectacular. I love this time of year.

My dad came over last weekend and with the help of Kim, we cleaned up all of the winter debris. now I know how Rowdy has stayed so svelte all of these years. I've managed to clean out most of the beds and have started mini gardens throughout the front yard.












In the back yard I've begun to plant an array of vegetables and herbs:
Blue Lake Beans











Cherry and Big Boy tomatoes









Texas Tarragon

Sweet Basil


I've also planted a small watermelon plant, but there's nothing really visible just yet. I really enjoyed being in the dirt and watching things as it transformed.

I am now planning my next garden purchases...carrots, lettuce, shallots and cucumbers perhaps. Who knows? But it will be an adventure.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Beautiful photos, Mimi! I love knowing that you and Kimi are surrounded by beautiful colors - especially K;s favorite hue - ORANGE!
xoxo
S.