Thursday, December 11, 2008

Winding down...well sort of

So the semester, both where I interpret and where I teach, are finally ending. I still have to administer a final tonight, grade it and turn it in, but I'm on the home stretch. I'm looking forward to a bit of down time. It will be short, but sweet. As soon as I get back I have to get back to the grindstone and work an event I am in charge of running. I don't think I'll be able to get that off my mind while we are in Wisconsin.

Kim and I arrive in Madison on Christmas Eve and are staying until New Years Eve. I'm looking forward to meeting Ivy and seeing Kevin and Shawnie. I'm also drooling, thinking about Garry's homemade chicken noodle soup. This is seasonal treat that Garry concocts that leaves all who partake full and wishing they brought different pants.

I need to buckle down and start shopping for gifts. This year we all agreed to be Christmas-lite. The economy sucks ans no one can really afford it. I'm just happy I'll get to spend little pockets of time with those who I love.

No comments: