Sunday, September 7, 2008

Flamingos and Cheetahs and Meerkats oh my!

Linda, and her daughter Courtney, recently won plane tickets and accommodations to one of three locations through Linda's work (Washington DC, Nashville or San Diego). Lucky girls! So they decided to come to San Diego and flew in from Wisconsin on Friday. Kim and I met up with them yesterday and we all went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park. There were so many animals and too much park! The grounds are enormous and at times wished I had a golf cart to get around. I loved seeing the Meerkat, lions and flamingos. Kim of course was all about the elephants, especially the babies. My favorite part of the day happened as we were leaving the park. Inside the grounds a cheetah (on a leash) was going for a walk with a big pet dog. I was in such awe that I failed to take a photograph. Rats!



Unbeknownst to us, we were in for 106 degree weather with humidity to boot. At times it really felt like we were trekking through the Sahara or Kalahari desert. After several pounds were lost and buckets of perspiration wiped away we all went out for a nice dinner. It was really nice to see Linda and her daughter. The visit, as they always are, was way too short. It would be fabulous if we could figure out a way to move Wisconsin closer... Until that's possible we'll keep commuting.

No comments: