Saturday, August 28, 2010

Introducing Sconnie

So Kim and I have added another animal to our brood, Sconnie. She's 7-8 weeks old, deaf and adjusting quite nicely to us and our house. Her temperament can be very sweet, tender and loving at times, but she also has a spunky, rambunctious and spastic side. She loves to play with her toys, sleep in weird places and isn't afraid of the dogs. I don't know what the dogs make of her quite yet, but we are still slowly introducing them to each other. So far she ignores them as they try to stare her down.

I'm teaching her a few signs in ASL, Kim too, like "no" and "food" so we can communicate with her better. And the past few nights she has been keeping Kim and I up with her nocturnal antics, which we both hope will pass soon, but she is a kitten and the possibility of that happening is quite slim. It's so nice to have a kitty in the house again, it was missing that energy. Kim and I have fallen madly in love with her and I believe her with us too. And so it begins...

1 comment:

Eileen O'Shea said...

CUTE!! Can't wait to meet her. Nothing cuter than kittens... XO