Saturday, June 6, 2009

Madison time

Within the next few weeks Kim, myself and our 3 naughties: Spencer, Abby and Linus will be getting ready to journey to Madison, WI for the summer. Our trip starts with the trek across the Mojave Desert in California, a brief jaunt through Nevada and Arizona, then a interesting diagonal voyage through Utah where we'll probably stay the night. In the morning, it is onwards and upwards through beautiful Colorado. I'll be sure to snap lots of photographs of its amazing scenery. We will hit the top of the Rocky Mountains and then we start heading downward towards Tornado Alley. This next portion of our trip is flat and I mean flat. I will save our book on CD: Angels and Daemons, for this mind numbingly repetitive landscape across the fields of Nebraska, where we again will seek shelter for the 5 of us. The following morning we will journey across Iowa plains and in the evening set up camp in some small town yet again. As we approach the great Mississippi River the visual perspective becomes more promising and we begin to see a light at the end of our travel tunnel, so to speak, we begin the final procession into Madison, WI. I will miss everyone I have left behind, but I so look forward to those I have not seen in a while. I cannot wait for the love, laughter and stories that will, inevitably, enrich my life this summer.

See you soon Madison.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Madison waits with open arms, Mimi and Kimi. We can't wait to see you and have you as our own for a few precious weeks.
xoxo
S, K & I