Monday, June 22, 2009

Greetings from Madison

After a whirlwind three day drive from Elizabeth Lake, with naughties: Fatboy, Monkey and Little Boy in tow, Kim and I arrived in Madison on the 19th of June. Apparently we brought the weather along with us and have been dealing with thunderstorms and oppressive humidity ever since. Despite that we're having a great time thus far and we're enjoying hanging out with family and good friends.

Since last summer, I've longed for my next bite of Wisconsin ice cream and I really must admit there is no other that can compare: Orange Custard Chocolate Chip from the Union, absolutely refreshing or Zanzabar chocolate from Ella's Deli, delish. Kim and I have also had a chance to frequent one of our favorite restaurants here in Madison, Buraka, East African cuisine. Kim partook in chicken peanut curry and I had the baris, yummy.

We have so much to and very little time in which to do it in. There is cheese tasting to be had at one of the local producers: chocolate cheese has me curious, and photographing run down farm houses and barns: taking my new Cannon out for a spin and taking in local sites and sounds: Art Fair on the Square, Rhthym and Booms, Farmer's Market on the Square and so much more. I want to see the glacier's path from the Wisconsin ice age, go camping along side the Wisconsin river and spend some time with my honey, as we embark on our fourth year together.

1 comment:

Eileen O'Shea said...

sounds like you're having fun. also, those nicknames for your dogs sound like the manhattan project in wwII - little atomic weapons!