Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can...Well Some Of Us Can

Today's excitement is bittersweet. I am thrilled that we elected Barak Obama for president. This is an historic moment on so many levels and I'm so proud to have been a part of it. What I can't get my brain around is church sanctioned bigotry that led to, not one state, but three states passing amendments to ban gay marriage! People look to California for leadership and today we failed to show that leadership. It was close and I haven't overlooked that point, but I'm truly disappointed, heartbroken in fact. This is not over, not by a long shot. That which is too precious to lose is worth fighting for. I love my wife and they cannot take that away from me. We will have to take this all the way to the Supreme Court and nationally get the rights we deserve. I'm ready are you?

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: