Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Little Story

Amidst all the excitement and devistation, I forgot a little story that has made a difference in my life.

A former student of mine took it upon himself to join the cause. I will call him Mr Shy for the purpose of this blog. Mr Shy joined a local LGBT group, who were getting the word out against Prop 8. Members chose to wear pink triangles on their clothes to show their support up until the elections. While out at local eatery, Mr Shy was asked what the pink triangle stood for by an employee. Mr Shy explained the fight for equal marriage rights for the LGBT community and convinced this employee to vote against the proposition. Wonders, really do, come in small packages.

I want to thank all of my friends, collegues and family who were equally devestated by the passing of Prop 8. I've received texts, emails, voicemails, Facebook messages of support and disbelief. Your warmth, generosity, kind words and advocacy mean the world to me. Thank you for who you are and thank you for being there for me.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: