Monday, October 27, 2008

Anticipation @ Camille's Sidewalk Cafe

I want the election season to be over and done with. The tension in the air is palpable and uncomfortable. People are politely not talking, or if they are talking it gets ugly quick: neighbors not speaking, co-workers staring each other down and so on.

Kim is fighting an uphill battle and I'm very proud of her. She is making small banners on Vote No on Prop 8 and placing them on her car for all to see at work. She said she's sick of the double standard, with which I completely agree. Unfortunately I feel very alone in this political climate. So I'm sitting here at Camille's Sidewalk Cafe in Lancaster trying to think positively and waiting in anticipation for the election on November 4th. Cross all of your fingers and toes.

Posted with LifeCast

1 comment:

Eileen O'Shea said...

Remember, it's just a freaky isolated part of CA! Most of CA is voting No on 8. I'm betting on a landslide no vote. it's just common sense!