Saturday, May 15, 2010

So it's official...

I received a letter in the mail yesterday from California State University Northridge officially welcoming me to the Graduate Program! I'm thrilled and yet scared to death. I told myself for way too long that this was an unattainable goal and I was wrong. What I need to remind myself is that this is a process and it will take me as long as it's going to take, hence the term gradual student.

I wanted to thank everyone for their encouragement and support along the way. I especially want to thank Shawnie and Kevin for their input on my Graduate essay...thanks guys. I couldn't have done it without your help ;-) Also I am grateful to family and friends for their unwavering belief in me. Your unfaltering confidence in me has been inspiring and I'm working very hard to believe the same.

I'm sure I will experience moments of varying emotions: cries of frustration, screams in exasperation, boisterous squeals of glee when praised and pangs of self-doubt with the inevitable critiques, but it will be worth every minute.

No comments: