Monday, February 1, 2010

This running stuff really isn't so bad

So I've been run/jog/walking for the past three weeks and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I really do prefer to run outside in the fresh air and it gives me time to clear my head. I've even signed up for the Glendale Dash 5K in March with Chuck and Eileen. I'm not quite sure I know what I've gotten myself into, but it's a short term goal I think/hope I can achieve.

Hat's off to the GetRunning app from iTunes for $2.99. I highly recommend it for anyone who has an iPhone or an iPod Touch. It's not cheesy nor is it preachy. This little gem has helped me keep going and if it can help me then it can help almost anyone. It is just the right amount of encouragement and prompting to keep you on track. I'll let you know how I fared in the race...if I can finish I'll be happy.

No comments: