Tuesday, July 21, 2009

So long and thanks for all the fish

This month has come and gone so fast! I feel as though we just got here. Ah but such is life when we come to Madison. This town sure knows how to put on the summer events: La Fete de Marquette in the Atwood neighborhood, Concerts on the Square at the Capital and Art Fair Off the Square, just to name a few.

Then there are the great friends and family that we never seem to be able to spend enough time with. Getting to see Kevin and Shawn with Ivy has been precious and they are great parents, as I knew they would be. Kim and I, becoming Ivy's auntie Mimi and Kimi is something I most look forward to for years to come. Hanging out with my extended family has helped me to understand Kim better and given me a sense of belonging to a larger family, which I've always secretly wished for. Thanks for making me a part of that.

So now we venture back to Elizabeth Lake and back to our regular lives. I look forward to meeting up with friends and family there and catching up on summer adventures. I too look forward to getting back to some semblance of a normal working schedule. Let's face it, I kind of like my routine.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

We miss you both already. Madison feels kind of lonely this morning.

xoxo
S, K, & I